Frequently asked questions
What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas?
Please visit the Canvas System Requirements page to ensure your browser and operating system will work with Canvas. Canvas supports the current and first previous major releases of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari. Canvas no longer supports Internet Explorer.
Can't log into Canvas or having other technical issues?
Check here for Canvas status updates. If your issue is not addressed here, contact Viking Help Desk at .
Can't see your courses on your dashboard?
- You're looking too soon. Your courses will not show up in the courses list until the first day of class.
- The course is unpublished. Your instructor may not have published the course yet. If you believe that you should see the course but don't, contact your instructor.
- You need to customize your courses list. The courses list can be customized to show only certain courses. Select Courses in the pane on the left, select All Courses, and make sure all of your current courses have a star next to them.
- You registered less than 2 hours ago. The server requires up to 2 hours to push newly registered students into their courses.
- Your instructor does not use Canvas. Your instructor may have chosen not to use Canvas. Contact your instructor to double check.
How Do I Contact Help Desk?
Viking Help Desk
7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Only by phone or email after 5 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Only by phone or email after 12:30 p.m.
Page last updated July 22, 2021.